IMLA in Canada 2017
IMLA in Canada Spring Meeting
IMLA Meeting: Thursday, May 18, 2017
MLDAO: Friday, May 19, 2017
15 Stavebank Rd S
Mississauga, ON L5G 2T2, Canada
This year's IMLA in Canada Meeting will once again provide for an outstanding and cutting edge program that will explore a full range of topics.
All In-House counsel are reminded that in addition to taking part in this event, they are also invited to participate in MLDAO, final details forthcoming.
The success of all IMLA events is dependent upon the dedication and participation of all members and we look forward to seeing you in Mississauga!
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
This year's IMLA in Canada Meeting will once again provide for an outstanding and cutting edge program that will explore a full range of topics. We are looking for individuals to present papers on topics that will provide our members with valuable insight into our practice field and touch upon direct experiences by our members.
- The challenges in the creation and governance of InnServices, the Town of Innisfil's new Municipal Services Corporation for Water and Wastewater services.
- Speaker: Jason Reynar, CAO, Lee Parkin, Manager of Legal & Clerk Services/Town Solicitor and Akhil BHalla, Articling Student - Town of Innisfill
- Richmond Hill Parkland Appeal - Discussion of the Court's Commentary on the Role and Jurisdiction of the OMB.
- Speaker: Barney Kussner, Weir Foulds
- Stormwater Charges - Implementation Issue-
- Speaker: Steve Dickson, City of Mississauga
- General Overview of Drone Regulation, Municipal Uses of Drones, and Municipal Regulation of Drones.
- Speaker: Magdalena Fish, Boghosian + Allen LLP
- Modernizing Municipal Accountability: The Bill 68 Amendments.
- Speaker: Laura Dean, Aird Berlis
CLICK HERE to view the tentative agenda.
CLICK HERE to register online.