IMLA in Canada 2017
IMLA in Canada Spring Meeting
IMLA Meeting: Thursday, May 18, 2017
MLDAO: Friday, May 19, 2017
15 Stavebank Rd S
Mississauga, ON L5G 2T2, Canada
This year's IMLA in Canada Meeting will once again provide for an outstanding and cutting edge program that will explore a full range of topics.
All In-House counsel are reminded that in addition to taking part in this event, they are also invited to participate in MLDAO, final details forthcoming.
The success of all IMLA events is dependent upon the dedication and participation of all members and we look forward to seeing you in Mississauga!
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
This year's IMLA in Canada Meeting will once again provide for an outstanding and cutting edge program that will explore a full range of topics. We are looking for individuals to present papers on topics that will provide our members with valuable insight into our practice field and touch upon direct experiences by our members.
- The challenges in the creation and governance of InnServices, the Town of Innisfil's new Municipal Services Corporation for Water and Wastewater services.
- Speaker: Jason Reynar, CAO, Lee Parkin, Manager of Legal & Clerk Services/Town Solicitor and Akhil BHalla, Articling Student - Town of Innisfill
- Richmond Hill Parkland Appeal - Discussion of the Court's Commentary on the Role and Jurisdiction of the OMB.
- Speaker: Barney Kussner, Weir Foulds
- Stormwater Charges - Implementation Issue-
- Speaker: Steve Dickson, City of Mississauga
- General Overview of Drone Regulation, Municipal Uses of Drones, and Municipal Regulation of Drones.
- Speaker: Magdalena Fish, Boghosian + Allen LLP
- Modernizing Municipal Accountability: The Bill 68 Amendments.
- Speaker: Laura Dean, Aird Berlis
CLICK HERE to view the tentative agenda.
CLICK HERE to register online.
Become a Sponsor
IMLA meetings/events are a terrific opportunity to promote your products and services to the decision-makers who will use them!
As an IMLA exhibitor or sponsor you have: The opportunity to promote your presence in advance of the meeting to generate leads and interest in your services.
Maximum visibility with attendees! The Exhibit Area is in the same as the refreshments, and it is in close proximity to the meeting rooms, so the attendee traffic is great!
Time to visit with the potential new clients about your product or service! The meeting provides for networking breaks between conference sessions – enough time to really talk to potential clients.
Plus, much, much more!
The Institute for Local Government Lawyers (ILGL) is a program started by IMLA geared towards new local government attorneys, law students, as well as seasoned attorneys who need a “refresher” in various general topics of local government law. Instead of a traditional panel setting, ILGL is setup in classroom form, with a more intimate setting and greater ability to present questions to faculty. In many situations, the presenters will be expert academic professionals in their respective fields.
IMLA's ILGL Program
October 14, 2017
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Scotiabank Convention Center
The 82nd Annual Conference includes a special Institute for Local Government Lawyers program on October 14, 2017.
The Institute for Local Government Lawyers (ILGL) is a beginners-level program geared towards attorneys new to local government, as well as seasoned attorneys who need a “refresher” in various general topics of local government law. Presenters are law school professors and/or local government lawyers with a vast amount of experience throughout the United States. The presentations will provide a broad overview on a number of topics of interest to local government attorneys and will be in a classroom-type setting.
Click here to view the tentative schedule.
Space is limited register early! Click here to register.